cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I use the KDS 2. I have a recurrent problem in stability.

It happens I loose the connection to the target hardware, and there is no way to reestablish the connection.

In the workspace I have other projects and they work correctly, but one of them suddenly can stop to communicate with the

hardware. The only solution I see is to create another project importing by hand all of the files.

Too much work.

It appears to be a problem related to some compromised settings in the project. Is there a known solution to renew the

settings, or reimporting the settings... Or a different one..

I use the USB Multilink FX, Embedded OSBM/OSJTA debugger interface

Suggestions??

Thank You

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning Erich

I am not able to qualify a good answer. In my understanding if the connection is on the local machine the firewall should not be involved, but I don t really know enough. I use the same workstation and same physical tools to debug the K64 board, and the same problem does not appear. I will try to work around this problem today, every suggestion is welcome.

Thank You very much for the support.

Pietro

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

that depends on the firewall if it blocks the access or not, even for a local connection. The other suggestion I have is that you check your debug configuration, as you have imported/ported that project to v3.0.0. It might be that something is missing in the settings. I suggest you create a new project with the wizard in 3.0.0 for your device and try to debug it. If it works that way, it means that something in your settings is wrong.

Just a guess.

Erich

0 Kudos

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello Erich

After some time ,,,, It is now working for some time... Not to understand why it was not but ...

Thank You for the support..

Pietro

0 Kudos

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello Erich

There is a series of malfunction here. I was not able to download the new ARM version because of the firewall here. I hope It will follow.

I am now trying to program a board with the K02 processor. This board was programmed with a project done with KDS 2.0. The project is exported to

KDS 3.0, it builds correctly but it is impossible to program the board. I have these messages:

On the console tab:

GNU gdb (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) 7.6.0.20140731-cvs

Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=arm-none-eabi".

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.

In the problem occurred message box I read in the details:

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:7224

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:7224: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

localhost:7224: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

I tried to create a project from the scrap for the processor but the result is the same. The KDS is working with the K64, with minor problems.

Help...

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

That error message does not say much: basically it is not able to connect to the GDB server.

As the connection is a TCP one, it very likely can be a problem of your firewall too. Have you allowed in your firewall the debugger connection on the local host?

Erich

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I have the SDK 3 installed. I have same problems with the connection. I dump here what I am repeatedly getting:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/gdb/gdb/linespec.c:2445: internal-error: decode_line_full: Assertion `state->canonical_names[i].suffix != NULL' failed.

A problem internal to GDB has been detected,

further debugging may prove unreliable.

Quit this debugging session? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]

/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/gdb/gdb/linespec.c:2445: internal-error: decode_line_full: Assertion `state->canonical_names[i].suffix != NULL' failed.

A problem internal to GDB has been detected,

further debugging may prove unreliable.

Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]

Suggestions???

Thank You

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

I think you mean *KDS* v3.0.0, as the latest *SDK* version is v1.2 :-)

About your problem: I think you have run into an old GDB bug.

See Failed to Debug with GDB: Breakpoints or Expressions on non-existing Locations | MCU on Eclipse

The workaround is to clear any breakpoints/watchpoints on removed/non-existing code.

The other option (what I did) is to use the latest GNU ARM Embedded (lauchpad) tools, see Using Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 with the Launchpad 4.9-2015-q2 Release | MCU on Eclipse which has this GDB bug fixed.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good evening,

the debug and connection settings are inside the *.launch files inside your project.

These are text files, so you can easily copy/compare them.

So you could compare a 'working' with a 'not working' version.

Beside of that: what error message do you get?

Erich

0 Kudos

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning Erich

Thank You very much for the support.

When trying to program the target, I get the following :

Initializing.

Target has been RESET and is active.

Disconnected from 127.0.0.1 via 127.0.0.1

Target Disconnected.

After this page is cleared and I get :

Warning: the current language does not match this frame.

The target endianness is set automatically (currently little endian)

No source file named C:\\Freescale\\KSDK_1.1.0\\demos\\Capas1p5_002\\kds\\frdmk64f\\Sources\\main.c.

The last line appears in red. The current project is not the Capas1p5_002 and anyway the file main.c of that project exists, and the Capas1p5_002

is working correctly.

I tried to manipulate the files but I did not get any result.

Have You additional suggestions.???

Pietro

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you give KDS v3.0.0 a try? V3.0.0 comes with a new GDB client and updated servers, so this might resolve your issue.

You do not need to uninstall v2.0.0, just install v3.0.0 into a different folder.

As for existing projects: you will need to change a linker option, details are in Kinetis Design Studio: Migrating KDS V2.0.0 Projects to GNU Tools for ARM Embedded (Launchpad, KDS V...

Erich

0 Kudos

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning Erich

I will do as soon as possible. I will need to survive with this version until the delivery of the software now.

Thank You

0 Kudos