AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.mx6 solo lite camera interface

Question asked by kwangbog ham on Jun 28, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 by kwangbog ham

Dear Sir,

I'm developing with your i.MX6 solo lite and with your EK board.

I want to connect the camera signals(8bit parellel) to i.MX6 solo lite.

Here are some questions:

1. What's the difference between how to connect one 8bit camera sensor and how to connect two 8-bit sensors on i.MX6 solo lite hardware reference manual?

On the page 612(section 16.4 Principles of Operation), the below are:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CSI can support connection with the sensor as follows.

• To connect with one 8-bit sensor, the sensor data interface should connect to CSI_DATA[9:2].

• To connect with one 10-bit sensor, the sensor data interface should connect to CSI_DATA[9:0].

• To connect with one 16-bit sensor, the sensor data interface should connect to CSI_DATA[15:0].

• To connect with two 8-bit sensors, the sensor data interfaces should connect to CSI_DATA[7:0] and CSI_DATA[15:8].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assume1)

- I interfaced two camera(each camera is 8bit) with i.MX6 solo lite to meet our buyer needs.

- I assigned the CSI_DATA[7:0] to one camera and CSI_DATA[15:8] to another camera.

- But, there was some changed.

- Our buyer changed the camera number from two to one.

Shoul i change CSI_DATA[7:0] to CSI_DATA[9:2] like above?

Without hardware change, i should use CSI_DATA[7:0] because of other pins (CSI_DATA9, CSI_DATA8) have already been assigned for other purpose.

Please, let me know how to use the CSI_DATA[7:0] without change.

Best & Regards,

Kwangbog HAM

Outcomes