AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot exit Debugging Cleanly

Question asked by Adam Carlson on Jun 27, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 by Adam Carlson

Sorry, there is no real great way to write the title of this to give the complete sense of the issue.  Pertinent details:

• KDS 3.0 
  • KSDK 1.2
  • KL03 Freedom Board with on board debugger
  • Win 7-64 Pro

The issue happens as follows.  I go in and will flash a board with the code, and can flash it with out any issues.  Then I might decide to go into the debug mode to check some of the registers as is usual when debugging.  When I want to exit the debugging mode, I hit the stop button.  If I try to go back and then reflash the microcontroller, I will get a message in the console window that states:

"Temporary breakpoint 1, main () at ../Sources/main.c:54

54      unsigned int count = 0;"

I also get an error message that pops up in the main coding window area that states:

"No source available for "0X4e8"

I then have to close KDS and relaunch it to be able to flash the device again.  I have had a few times where I was able to cleanly exit the debug mode and be able to go back into the hardware perspective and work there, but they are few and far between.  As a note for future improvement; I would really love to see a button that allowed me to exit debugging and then return me to the perspective I had been using before starting to debug.

Adam

Outcomes