Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while debugging FRDM K64F with Segger J-link and Kinetis 3.0.0

Jump to solution
nestordamiangar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have just installed Kinetis 3.0.0 and the SDK 1.2 for the FRDM k64F platform on Ubuntu 14. I am trying to debug my application with Segger J-link, but I got the following error: "Could not determine GDB version after sending: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response: ".

I think that this problem is due to some error in the Kinetis configuration, but I am not sure.

By the way, I am using (JLink_OpenSDA_V2_2015-06-11.bin) for debugging.

43850_43850.pngSegger_debug_error.png

I have followed the instructions for debugging such as in this tutorial: GDB Debugging with Kinetis Design Studio

I attach images about my current configuration:

43847_43847.pngdebug1.png43848_43848.pngdebug2.png

43849_43849.pngdebug3.png

Could anybody be so kind to suggest an approach to fix this ? I'd appreciate it a lot

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
joeseymour
Contributor III

Problems running "arm-none-eabi-gdb --version" can arise if the IDE is unable to locate/execute the GDB client. A few things you could try:

* Run /opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb from the command line. The toolchain in KDS 3.0.0 is built for 32 bit systems, if you're on a 64-bit system you may need to install additional support packages (lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 Toolchain install | GNU ARM Eclipse ).

* If you are able to run arm-none-eabi-gdb then perhaps the PATH used by the IDE is unable to find it. On the debugger tab of your debug configuration, try specifying the full path to the GDB client.

Hope that helps,

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joeseymour
Contributor III

Problems running "arm-none-eabi-gdb --version" can arise if the IDE is unable to locate/execute the GDB client. A few things you could try:

* Run /opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb from the command line. The toolchain in KDS 3.0.0 is built for 32 bit systems, if you're on a 64-bit system you may need to install additional support packages (lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 Toolchain install | GNU ARM Eclipse ).

* If you are able to run arm-none-eabi-gdb then perhaps the PATH used by the IDE is unable to find it. On the debugger tab of your debug configuration, try specifying the full path to the GDB client.

Hope that helps,

Joe

0 Kudos
nestordamiangar
Contributor II

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for the hint. I am working on 64bit arch, and I needed that library. After installing it, I could debug with J-Link.

Thanks

daveboyle
Contributor III

I'm also on Ubuntu and KDS 3.0. I checked your screenshots against my working configuration. The only difference I found was on my Startup page I have the Enable SWO box checked. My cpu and swo frequencies are both set to zero and the portmask is 0x1. Hope this helps!

nestordamiangar
Contributor II

Thanks Dave,

It did not work, but if you'll ever face that problem on ubuntu 64-bit, the below Joe's suggestion worked for me.

Thanks for your time:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos