Trying to use PE to configure External Crystal with K02

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use PE to configure External Crystal with K02

josephgundel
Contributor III

I am trying to configure a KDS project using processor expert and a MK02FN128VLH10 micro using a 32.768Khz Crystal and I get the following error when I try and generate proccessor Expert code for the cpu.

ERROR: Unexpected status of script: CPUs\_Kinetis\MCG.chg, please contact Freescale support.    cry        Cpu    Processor Expert Problem

8 Replies

rampsr
Contributor III

I have the same exact problem with the MK02FN64VFM10 when I change the external crystal to 0.032768 MHz.

"ERROR: Unexpected status of script: CPUs\_Kinetis_4SDK\MCG.chg, please contact Freescale support."

Anxiously awaiting patch.

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The error has been fixed by the development team but there is not any workaround. We are going to publish a hot fix soon.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

rampsr
Contributor III

Marek,

Carlos mentioned on July 1 that there is a patch Freescale is working on to fix this issue. Now on July 21 you mention the error is fixed and will publish the hot fix soon.

Could you be so kind as to define "soon"?

Before the end of July?

Sometime in August?

Before the end of 2016?

I need to know so I can decide whether to scrap the idea of using the MK02 for 2016 products and just stick with the MKL05 that is already on existing products. I was hoping to utilize the floating point precision, extra flash memory, 16bit ADC, and being able to move on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Thanks

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The hot fix has been finished. See the attached file.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

rampsr
Contributor III

Thank you for the patch. The error went away.

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The hot fix has been created but we have found another related issue of 32kHz crystal. This defect has been also fixed and the new hot fix is under verification now. The hot fix should be available on Monday 07/27/2015. I am sorry for the delay.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzl

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for reporting this problem, I have reported it to the developers and will let you know once I have response from them.

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Update: They are already working on a patch to fix this issue and will post it here once they finish it.

0 Kudos

rampsr
Contributor III

Carlos,

Is there a workaround for this issue while still using processor expert?

I just recently changed a couple PCB layouts from the MK05 to the MK02 and about to solder up a couple prototype PCBs. While waiting for the fab house to make the PCBs, I decided to start messing with the firmware and downloaded the latest Kinetis Design Studio, updated the processor expert to allow the use of the MK02 microcontroller, and then set up the clock - thus encountering the problem with the External 32KHz crystal configuration.

Thanks

0 Kudos