Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some issues of i.MX283

Jump to solution
linjiepan
Contributor II

1 Power for RTC module

As the Reference Manual shows the RTC can continue to count time as long as a voltage is applied to the BATT, regardless of whether the VDD_5VC is powered. Can a button battery be applied to the BATT, in case that VDD_5VC is power down? Can I.MX283 consume great power of battery in the process from VDD_5VC power supply to battery power supply. Does the I.MX283 have specialized power input for RTC function? What is the function of the pin of VDDXTAL?

2  ENET

I use a Switch Chip 88e6061b to extend the number of ETH Ports. The Switch chip and the I.MX283 are connected via the RMII bus. Can 50Mhz clock from Switch chip’s IN_CLK be used for the reference Clock of I.MX283’s MAC?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi linjie

1. I.MX283 has not specialized power input for RTC, one can use solution described on

Re: 5V supply-based design with battery-supplied RTC domain?

VDDXTAL is power for oscillators

2. yes,   MCIMX28RM Figure 10-1 pad ENET_CLK is bidirectional

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi linjie

1. I.MX283 has not specialized power input for RTC, one can use solution described on

Re: 5V supply-based design with battery-supplied RTC domain?

VDDXTAL is power for oscillators

2. yes,   MCIMX28RM Figure 10-1 pad ENET_CLK is bidirectional

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
linjiepan
Contributor II

Hi,igor

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to ask you another question about EMI interface of Imx283. The i.MX283 Layout and Design Guidelines shows several DDR2 routing rules. But my Colleague connect DDR2 and EMI interface of Imx283 directly without any layout Constraint, include EMI_DDR_OPEN and ,EMI_DDR_OPEN_FB, the  i.MX283 and ddr2 are still working well. Is it right?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi linjie

this may depend on specific board:

it may work or not, or work at slower frequencies.

~igor

0 Kudos
linjiepan
Contributor II

Hi,igor

I use a Switch Chip 88e6061b to extend the number of ETH Ports. The Switch chip and the I.MX283 are connected via the RMII bus. The Inclock of Switch's RMII  chip is the 50MHz clock output. Can you tell me how to  configure reference Clock of I.MX283’s MAC from enet_rmii_clk_in? Do you have Some Reference code

about reference Clock of I.MX283’s MAC?

thanks very much.

0 Kudos