cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Serial Port Issues

Jump to solution
ramstell
Contributor III

I'm using a TWR-K64F-120M Tower Module together with a TWR-SER module.

I've created a new project using PEX and KSDK 1.2 with Design Studio 3.0.

Using PEX I've added a UART component using UART5 on the TWR-SER. When I call UART_DRV_SendData() it returns success, but just constantly outputs the first character of the message on the terminal. If I use UART_DRV_SendDataBlocking it just times out. I've also tried changing to UART1 via OpenSDA virtual terminal with the same results.

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Jorge

I now have it working.

The problem was I had the Tx callback option ticked. Clearing this option has solved the issue.

Kind regards

Roger

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Roger Amstell:

Please find attached a KDS v3.0.0 + KSDK v1.2.0 UART example project with PEx using UART5 in TWR-K64F120M + TWR-SER.

There are some jumper configurations for TWR-K64 and TWR-SER which you need to consider:

TWR-SER:

J15: 1-2

J17: 1-2

J19: 1-2

TWR-K64F120M:

J30: Jumpers (5-6) and (7-8) removed

Let me know if this helps or if you still have issues.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Jorge

I now have it working.

The problem was I had the Tx callback option ticked. Clearing this option has solved the issue.

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos