Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC 8309 Debug  Linux Application  by JTAG

Jump to solution
威杨
Contributor III

Dear all,

I am new to the MPC world and facing a problem.I use MPC8309 and want to use the CodeWarrior and JTAG to debug linux application,but i don't know which can do it, i find  CodeWarrior Development Suites for Networked Applications and CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture? Technology (Eclipse) v10.4 and CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC (Classic IDE)   v8.8,who can tell me which ?

Thanks & Regards

wei yang

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CW for PA 10.4  provides linux application debug capabilities using a debug agent running on target board and a eth/serial connection to the board. So,  JTAG is not used for debugging linux application.

Please refer to Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf, Chapter 7, which can be found under /PA/Help/PDF folder.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,威 杨

The CodeWarrior Development Suites for Networked Applications suites support multiple architectures including Power Architecture® technology, ARM® technology and StarCore DSP cores, with four levels.

Both CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture® Technology (Eclipse) v10.4 and CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC (Classic IDE) v8.8 could support MPC8309.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

威杨
Contributor III

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CW for PA 10.4  provides linux application debug capabilities using a debug agent running on target board and a eth/serial connection to the board. So,  JTAG is not used for debugging linux application.

Please refer to Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf, Chapter 7, which can be found under /PA/Help/PDF folder.

Adrian

0 Kudos
威杨
Contributor III

Thanks for your help ,but i find  mpc8309 don't support linux debug,could you help me confirm it again? website is "http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-PA&fsrch=1"

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thanks & Regards

wei yang

0 Kudos