Is there a BSP for the MK20DX256VMC10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a BSP for the MK20DX256VMC10

markkalior
Contributor II

I am using the MK20DX256VMC10.   The closest BSP seems to be twrk20d72, but upon closer inspection the memory model file is MK20D7.h and it doesn't support MK20DX256VMC10.   The MK20D10.h does support this part.  So, I made the modifications, and I still run into problems.  

Also when I combined Processor Expert generated files (IAR: Project Connection), I discovered lots of complier issues.   ...I believe Processor Expert uses GNU compiler, while IAR uses there own.

I have sense back out the processor expert generated files. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

I think you can start with twrk60d100m BSP, it is very similar. please refer to the porting guide in your MQX installation folder.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

Daniel;

So, you are suggesting that a MK60DN512DM10 is about the same thing as MK20DX256VMC10, right?   So you are focusing on the MCG configuation and maybe the package type rather on the differences between the K20 and K60?   right?

Mark

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

First, I understand your K20 will be 100Mhz like the TWR-K60.

Second, you should clone the TWR-K60 BSP, paying attention to the silicon version of K20 will use. Rev1.x use TWR-K60N512 BSP, for K20 Rev2.x silicon, use TWR-K60D100 BSP.

After cloning, you have to remove the code associated to the peripherals in the K60 BSP that you don't have in the K20, for example Ethernet code.

Then, you will be able to run your MQX applications. Otherwise, you will get hardware faults when the code try to init the peripherals that don't exist in the K20.

And of course, adapt the init_bsp.c, init_hw.c, init_gpio.c to your board and K20 peripherals.

In addition please check the below thread

Creating MQX 4.0 BSP for K10

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

Okay.   Thanks.

0 Kudos