Current output from i.MX6DQ VDD_CACHE_CAP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current output from i.MX6DQ VDD_CACHE_CAP.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6DQ.

They want to know how much the current is output from VDD_CACHE_CAP.

We understood it should be shorted to VDDSOC_CAP, but didn't understand how bold line is needed between VDD_CACHE_CAP and VDDSOC_CAP about board layout since there is no current information.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My apologies, Satoshi Shimoda,

I investigated but we do not have information of the current output from VDDSOC_CAP. VDD_CACHE_CAP is an input for the cache supply and is feed from VDDSOC_CAP.

One alternative is looking at the i.MX6 SABRE and use the same line width, which I would recommend.

Another option would be using the LDO maximum supply current in order to have a maximum value of the SOC supply current in order to determine how much VDDSOC_CAP can provide. According to Table 8 of the i.MX6Q Datasheet that would be around 2A and take that as an maximum in order to be safe.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Would you reply to this question?

Deadline for layout design is imminent, so I would appreciate it if you could give me a advice.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 VDDSOC_CAP output current is not specified. We can estimate this current of 1-2A during power up. Use this estimation for trace widths and via sizes.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My apologies, Satoshi Shimoda,

I investigated but we do not have information of the current output from VDDSOC_CAP. VDD_CACHE_CAP is an input for the cache supply and is feed from VDDSOC_CAP.

One alternative is looking at the i.MX6 SABRE and use the same line width, which I would recommend.

Another option would be using the LDO maximum supply current in order to have a maximum value of the SOC supply current in order to determine how much VDDSOC_CAP can provide. According to Table 8 of the i.MX6Q Datasheet that would be around 2A and take that as an maximum in order to be safe.

0 Kudos