KM34Z50M freescale tower

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM34Z50M freescale tower

sushilpanda
Contributor I

I am trying to program the KM34Z50M freescale (MCU) tower using code warrior development studio (using openSDA) but I am unable to burn any application onto the MCU.

Can anyone explain the steps and any demo program that I can use to verify the functionality. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sushil.

I attach the video and photo of how to connect board via openSDA. if you still can' t connect board. please use attached DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102 to update the on board openSDA firmware.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

felipemarques
Contributor I

Hello Zhang.

Everything you showed in the video worked fine here. Now, I would like to go further. So, I would like to avail this post in order to ask you about how can I test some examples codes, like: LED blinking, SPI communication and so on, using Code Warrior. I have installed the installation file below, but, I did not figure out how to make this in CW.

I appreciate any help.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-106458

0 Kudos

sushilpanda
Contributor I

Hi Zhang

Thank you for the reply.

I have already tried till the poibt shown in the video.

Here is exactly what i have done:

step-1: connected the openSDA to the MCU and followed the steps to get the BOOTLOADER driver

step-2: copied over the SDA file into the BOOTLOADER drive and the disconnected the MCU from PC

step-3: reconnect the MCU and followed the steps as in the video you had attached

step-4: the code warrior gives a .elf file (in the FLASH sub folder)

step-5: I have a software freeMASTER where I use the .elf file to see the graphical outputs.

I am not very sure about the use of the freeMASTER software.

here are a few questions the i have in my mind:

1. Are the steps followed by me correct?

2. while executing the program in the codewarrior we need to have the MCU connected to the system?

3. how do i get to know that the program got successfully burnt onto the MCU?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos