Is there any difference to the user between the MKMxxZxxAxx5 and the MKMxxZxxACxx5 (second silicon revison) versions of the KM3x MCUs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any difference to the user between the MKMxxZxxAxx5 and the MKMxxZxxACxx5 (second silicon revison) versions of the KM3x MCUs?

mikeac
Contributor I

Is there any difference to the user between the MKMxxZxxAxx5 and the MKMxxZxxACxx5 (second silicon revison) versions of the KM3x MCUs? I can't find any documentation listing the differences, if any, between the versions.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

In this case the "C" means that the device counts with the silicon mask "1N74G"

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/KINETIS_M_1N74G.pdf

While the "AC" means that it counts with the silicon mask "1N29N" with some errata fixes. Actually it is recommended for new designs.

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/errata/KINETIS_M_1N29N.pdf

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have an excellent day.

David

0 Kudos

mikeac
Contributor I

Thanks for this information. So I am right in thinking that the only difference is the silicon mask used in fabricating the devices? The rest of the production process and everything else is the same?

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Mike,

I am glad to help you.

Indeed, the rest of the production process and everything else is the same.

Basically the main difference between these devices is the silicon mask.

Please be aware about the Erratas mentioned before.

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos

mikeac
Contributor I

Thanks for confirming this. Is a new part name used every time you change the silicon mask? I.e., if you change it again in the future, for example to remedy another errata, will a new part name e.g. "BC" be used?

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually you can find that kind of information at the datasheet, in this case at the Chapter 2 'Part Identification'.

Please note the Silicon revision parameter.

Capture.JPG

Please find the datasheet mentioned at the following link:

MKMxxZxxACxx5 datasheet

Best Regards,

David​

0 Kudos

mikeac
Contributor I

OK. Are you planning to release a third silicon revision to fix the remaining erratas? I'm trying to work out how quickly the MKMxxZxxACxx5 is likely to become obsolete. I see the previous MKMxxZxxCxx5 has become no longer recommended for new designs since the MKMxxZxxACxx5 was released.

0 Kudos