Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 pin connection when unused.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have some question about MMPF0100 connection when unused.

Please see Table 1 of AN4717 (Schematic Guidelines for the MMPF0100).

[Q1]

The recommended connection when not used for the following pins are "Leave floating".

VGENx

VINREFDDR

VREFDDR

SWxFB

SWxLX

We want to confirm the meaning of "Leave floating".

I understand "Leave floating" means "No Connect", so all circuits and materials written in "Recommended connection" column (e.g. capacitor, shottky diode for SWBSATLS) are NOT required.

Is this correct?

[Q2]

Please see the "Recommended connection when not used" for VINx.

These are written as "Connect to regulator with output voltage < 3.*V", or "Connect to VIN".

I understood these power supplies are required even if all VGEN outputs are unused, we cannot be these pins as "Leave floating".

Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Satoshi

1. you are right, all mentioned circuits and materials are NOT required

2. correct

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Satoshi

1. you are right, all mentioned circuits and materials are NOT required

2. correct

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos