Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mmCau lib, Encrypt on Computer side, decrypt on Kinetis side

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

i'm on a K60 which have an mmCAU unit.

So I'm using the mmCau lib provided by freescale and start with AN4307 exemple.

The Exemple crypt a string with AES128, AES192, AES256, compare with a pre entered string and then decrypt to get original string.

As said above, the crypted string is compared with an Pre entered crypted string.

Comment indicate that this expected crypted string is obtened with python:

/*FSL: taken from python using pycrypto-2.3*/

For my final application, my need is to generate a crypted string send via ethernet from computer to Kinetis, Kinestis decrypt this string.

So I need on computer side a software which take a file and crypt it with the same Key and same "Init vector" for Xor CBC than used inside the Kinetis.

I'm not familiar with python, but my final need is to have a "a turnkey solution" which take a file and generate the corresponfing crypted file.

I think I will use Visual studio to do it.

For that I use a specific library.

I make many try (with some exemple here: C# AES 256 bits Encryption Library with Salt - CodeProject ) but without success.

I'm not sure the CBC is identical, I don't know if the "Init vector" correspond to the "Salt" in the visual exemple.

I don't know which key provide: if the wanted Key is the initial key or key optened after call "cau_aes_set_key"....

Just in case, there would not he somewhere an example of code to do the same thing that do AN4307 which is executed in Kinetis? (an easy end user solution which not require to install some software like python)

:smileywink:

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use the free aes128 encrypt tool from below link:

http://aes.online-domain-tools.com/

2015-06-24_15-51-10.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

Thank for this link, this will help me during development phase.

But, for serial product, I'm looking for a library (usable in visual c/c++.. i.e) or directly an equivalent of this "Online" application but in "offline" mode.:smileyblush:

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Nobody has it?

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos