Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing the license for Code Warrior 5.1

Jump to solution
olafbaer
Contributor I

Hello together,

I need to generate a new license for the Code Warrior development studio for HC12X controllers which is moved to a newer performant machine.

Unfortenatly I am not able to retrieve a valid license via the the Software License and Support page.

It seems that still the evaluation license is somehow active even if I placed the new generated license.dat in the root folder of the installed Code Warrior suite.

No idea left what can be the cause of this issue!? May someone has an idea?

best regards

Olaf Bär

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olaf,

Middle of December we introduced a new web license system.

We've problems with classic license.

For CW for HC12 v5.1, the IDE and Processor Expert features are wrong.

To solve it we must manually correct the license file and re-encrypt the file.

I've access to the license data base and will provide you the working license file.

To do that I will create a SR.

You will receive an email containing the new license soon ...

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jiun_Yong
Contributor III

Hi

This is just an observation which may help any one else transferring Code Warrior to a new computer.

I went through the process of returning the licence from the old PC, then generated a new licence for my new PC. When the Freescale website generated the new licence file, I clicked the "Save All" button and it downloaded a "licence.dat" file. I copied this to the program folder. But when I started Code Warrior, I got the friendly message that I had 30 days to register the product.

But there is a solution ...

I then copied the licence file text from the web page and pasted it into licence.dat, using Notepad. I restarted Code Warrior, and everything seems to be working fine. No warning about registering it any more, and it happily compiled a project with nearly 100K of code, so no 32K limit in force either. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olaf,

Middle of December we introduced a new web license system.

We've problems with classic license.

For CW for HC12 v5.1, the IDE and Processor Expert features are wrong.

To solve it we must manually correct the license file and re-encrypt the file.

I've access to the license data base and will provide you the working license file.

To do that I will create a SR.

You will receive an email containing the new license soon ...

Have a great day,
Pascal
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

olafbaer
Contributor I

Hello Pascal,

once again many thanks for the help on this issue.

One additional question:

the known issue caused also the unexptected 'limitation' issue when I

use the CodeWarrior compiler on c-code greater then the limited size by

the eval license?

best regards

Olaf

Am 23.06.2015 um 12:29 schrieb trytohelp:

>

Freescale Community

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/QAA/PDcDAA/t.1o4/NQoqODYZSQ-ZPDjpqiTn0Q/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQ-3D>

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/QAA/PDcDAA/t.1o4/NQoqODYZSQ-ZPDjpqiTn0Q/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQ-3D>

>

Renewing the license for Code Warrior 5.1

reply from Pascal Irrle

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/QAA/PDcDAA/t.1o4/NQoqODYZSQ-ZPDjpqiTn0Q/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bRgmK5SVFHx0RkfidtBoWqLxOii3XKwzh7tVeWRC-2BTmBK0bJLMgQQbVDaPRAU5Qf70-3D>

in /CodeWarrior Licensing/ - View the full discussion

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/QAA/PDcDAA/t.1o4/NQoqODYZSQ-ZPDjpqiTn0Q/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bS6Hi-2BdzmnEcjNkyjkN6VGpB1qofBNlyOHdYB4r479azt0ANIRBg19zl3MQUxnkYcE-3D>

>

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olaf,

Please use the temp license I sent you via the SR.

I'm pretty sure it worked fine previously.

Is there a new issue ?

I will check it tomorrow.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
olafbaer
Contributor I

Hello Pascal,

just want to inform that we moved the licenses to the new computers and we are able to use the compiler within our automation without the code size limitation. The new licenses are generated via the Freescale Online License Manager.

The issue with the IDE still exists; but there is no need to generate new licenses since we just use the compiler in an automated environment. Thus, the license issue is solved from our point of view.

Many thanks for the good support!

best regards

Olaf

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olaf,

Good to know the license file is working fine on your side.

We don't have problem with the build tool chain.

There are problems with keys for Processor Expert and IDE only.

In your case you're using build tool chain only outside the IDE.

This configuration is working fine with the default license file generated with the Freescale Online License Manager.

If you've other question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
olafbaer
Contributor I

Hello Pascal.

many thanks for the answer! Great, that you are aware of the problem.

best regards

Olaf

0 Kudos
olafbaer
Contributor I

One additional info:

my old generated (and valid) license.dat e.g. contains an entry for the IDE:

----

INCREMENT Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5.900 permanent uncounted \

E7839DFD97EE VENDOR_STRING="CodeWarrior IDE 4.2 or later, \

Windows" HOSTID=000c2957b70d ISSUER="Freescale Semiconductor" \

ISSUED=2-dec-2014 NOTICE=Distributor \

SN=FSL-147e-e051-2b26-ef8d-ec7c-bc START=28-sep-2010 TS_OK

------

the new generated one holds the following entry for the IDE:

------

INCREMENT Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5.9 permanent uncounted \

C1589B79C854 VENDOR_STRING="CodeWarrior for HC12 Standard \

Edition WIN" HOSTID=001060840913 ISSUER="Freescale \

Semiconductor" ISSUED=22-jun-2015 ck=118 SN="FSL - 13433647"

------

Curious thing is , that the vendor string differs. Same holds for other licensed entries....in the new generated license the same vendor string is used for all features; which is different to the 'old' vendor strings within the 'working' license.dat from the old PC.

0 Kudos