Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live555 on imx6

riteshpanchal
Contributor II

I am using imx6qsabresd board.

I want to use live555 package.

I use "bitbake -s | grep live555" command to ensure this package is available.

Then i add "CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "live555 live555-openrtsp live555-playsip live555-mediaserver" line in local.conf to add this package in my fsl-image-multimedia-full image.

And last use "bitbake  fsl-image-multimedia-full image" command to build the image.

But after running this image i unable to use livemedia, openRTPS etc command.

So how to verify if live555 package is installed or not?

And if yes how to use this package to stream camera feed over ethernet?

currently i am using gstreamer but i want to try live555.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Panchal,

I would recommend using IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " package-name"

After baking the packages should be installed on the created image. I’m not very familiar with Live555 but you should see either the complete image or the working directories to see if the packages were added to your image as desired.

Hopefully someone on the communities can shed some light the use of Live555 for streaming but I would also suggest joining the Live555 mailing list and posting your question there as they may be able to offer more support (link below)

http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html

0 Kudos

riteshpanchal
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for the Reply.

I used IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " live555" and create the image. The image built successfully. But i am not sure if this package is included or not, because i am unable to use live555 commands.

And in forum no help is available.

Currently i have done audio+video streaming using gstreamer with tcp/ip. But this also add transmission delay of several seconds.

So many recommended to use UDP rtp or rtsp.

I  refer forum post "Gstreamer RTP streaming" & "Gstreamer UDP Streaming" but it seems difficult for me to do. Because some of used plugin are not present in my image and i don't know about creating the CAPS.

And also i added "gst-rtsp" in image but the there is no help available of using it. Can suggest any user guide to use gstreamer with rtsp?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Panchal,

There are some interesting articles in third party sites for example:

RTSP Sink - RidgeRun Developer Connection

That an the gstreamer official documentation, which is sometimes not as detailed, unfortunately.

0 Kudos