Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5602P to MPC5605B

Jump to solution
ZdenoQC
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I currently have a running software bootloader on MPC5602P and I want to port it to MPC5605B. I have tried to simply download the binary file in the chip and it seems to work fine so I guess it's not to complicated.

I have tried to copy the project and change the headers. I also have try to start a new project and copy the code but it doesn't work neither. I think my issue is related to the use of the shadow memory.

In the classic codewarrior, there is a way to change the derivative for a project. Is there something similar with eclipse? What is the best way to migrate my code from these two chip from the same family?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZdenoQC
Contributor III

Thanks for the answer Peter.

My issue was with the target task. Since I use the shadow flash, I need a custom configuration to program the bootloader. Since I was not the one who develop this part it take me sometime to figure it out. I also have to force the bootmap to start in shadow flash instead of the ram of my application by changing the generated binary file.

Anyway it working now

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZdenoQC
Contributor III

Thanks for the answer Peter.

My issue was with the target task. Since I use the shadow flash, I need a custom configuration to program the bootloader. Since I was not the one who develop this part it take me sometime to figure it out. I also have to force the bootmap to start in shadow flash instead of the ram of my application by changing the generated binary file.

Anyway it working now

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi William,

The best way is just to create a new project for MPC5605B.

Set all the includes, optimalizations, project settings, etc... for MOC5605B and compile this project.

Then start porting:

Start adding the functions, definitions, variables, etc... from original project and make sure you can compile them.

If you do everything in correct way the project must run on MPC5605B with no issues.

0 Kudos