cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6 Boot Configuration

akshatsaraf
Contributor II

Hi,

I am following reference design of Sabre Board for Smart Devices to make a prototype hardware based on Imx6q processor.

I am having a query related to boot configuration of Imx6. In the reference design Boot Configuration3 and Boot Configuration4

signals are pull down by 14.7k resistor. As I don't want to use them, can I leave them floating?

If I will leave them them floating what will happen?

Please suggest me for the same.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you use the external resistor network (not the silicon fuses) for boot configuration, _all_ of 32 external boot configuration signals must have a definite state. In the other case, the "floating" signals may have a random state during boot, thus, causing a random boot errors. So, the answer is: no, you cannot leave any boot configuration signal floating.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

akshatsaraf
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

Please tell me can I connect Boot Configuration3 and Boot Configuration4 signal to the ground?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

akshatsaraf
Contributor II

Thank you Artur.

Can I tied them (Boot Configuration 3 and Boot Configuration 4 signals) directly to the ground?

0 Kudos