Configuring IP address with the license manager installer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring IP address with the license manager installer

sagardhakal
Contributor I

I am installing CW floating license. The installer automatically sets up LM Tools Utility with the  internal IP address of the server.

So, when I try to initialize the license.dat file with an external IP address of the server, the CW client freezes.

How can I run the license server using the external IP address of the server?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sagar,

By installing CW floating license you mean the "License Manager installer" ?

License Manager Installers|Freescale

What is the OS used ?

It's the first time I heard something regarding external IP address.

The IP is defined by the LMtools.

On my side it's:

pastedImage_2.png

When I generate the license file I need to use the Hostname or IP Address as server name.

For instance I could have a floating license as:

SERVER R6AAKE-12 DISK_SERIAL_NUM=daae9c76 27001

or      SERVER 10.213.33.166 DISK_SERIAL_NUM=daae9c76 27001

Why are you looking for an external IP Address ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sagardhakal
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

We want to be able to use the license whether we are internal to our network or external. Our server is setup with dual static IP addresses, one internal and another external. When we are external to our network, we do not VPN, so we will need to access it through the external IP (50.XXX.XXX.XXX) rather than the internal IP address (10.XXX.XXX.XXX). LMTools automatically assigns the internal IP address and manually changing license.dat file to reflect the external IP address does not work.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sagar,

The floating license file is running fine through VPN.

I've never tried with External IP address.

I will check with colleagues.

Keep you informed.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sagar,

I was in contact with colleague (Tomas) regarding this problem.You were in contact with Tomas regarding this question

By design FNP will select the default ip address that the OS gives to it a as the address to connect on.

I don't know of a way within FNP to change this.

I did a bit of research and there is a discussion on this topic in a forum that I found:

Take a look to this community  post

http://serverfault.com/questions/119840/windows-server-2008-specifying-the-default-ip-address-when-n...

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos