git repo force push

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git repo force push

mattweber
Contributor I

Looks like someone force pushed to a couple repos hosted on git.freescale.com for the uboot and linux.  Conflicts where found on master of both uboot (drivers/mmc/mmc.c) and linux (drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.c/h).

For the linux one, hash 6faa2909871d8937cb2f79a10e1b21ffe193fac1 looks like the cause.

Wasn't sure if these repos where suppose to fast forward and never be reset.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello matt weber,

The master branch is the latest source code, and will be used in SDK 1.8 release.

What kind of conflicts did you encounter?

You need to checkout to your required tag or branch (eg.fsl-sdk-v1.7), then apply your own patches.

If you want to use master branch(sdk 1.8), you need to apply your own patches based on the current source code.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mlweber1
Contributor I

It just looked like commit 6faa2909871d8937cb2f79a10e1b21ffe193fac1 in the linux repo was force pushed.  It's not a big deal, but we noticed it because we mirror the repository for internal use and the fast forward failed.  Maybe your internal development plans to always force push to master, if so disregard this discussion.  I only mention it because it destroys history that's not tagged.

0 Kudos