AnsweredAssumed Answered

Kinetis MK10 using external oscillator and PE

Question asked by Juan Fortuny on Jun 17, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 by Juan Fortuny

Hello

I am migrating form Colfire V1 to Kinetis K10 MCU, as I had in Colfire I have problem using UART at speeds over 9600 bps using the internal oscillator and FLL that is why I am using an external programmable Oscillator at 47.9232 Mhz so I get exact speeds at 115200, 38400 and 9600 bps.

Using the Kinetis Design Studio 3.0  I tried many times to enable the external Oscillator.

First I enable tho option "RTC Oscillator" and the frequency is "47.9232 MHz" and the capacitor load "0pF", I made this in the CPU Clock Settings.

Then in "Clock Sources Settings"in the "Clock source settings0" in "External reference clock" I select "RTC Oscillator" and the frequencies set to 47.9232 MHz.

Then in "MCG Settings" in "MCG mode" always when I choose something different than "FEI" I get the following errors ;

ERROR: Unexpected status of script: Drivers\Common\SetReg8.prg, please contact Freescale support.

ERROR: Unexpected status of script: Drivers\Kinetis\Kinetis_MCG.prg, please contact Freescale support.

I adjust the settings in "Clock configurations" so I don't have any other errors, also adjust the components that give errors after changing the frequency like IIC module, RTI module but I get the errors, I see a red X in the CPU but none of the settings inside the CPU have errors.

Finally when I want to generate code I get this error "The Processor Expert project MyProject was NOT generated because of some errors. See the Problems view for more details.

Many thanks for your help

Attachments

Outcomes