cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC (A/D Converter - Legacy High Level Component) Compiler Warnings

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hello,

If I'm using the ADC (A/D Converter - Legacy High Level Component) without interrupts.

However Processor Expert also declares the private method MainMeasure(void) in the header file. And this produces a lot of compiler warnings.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-06-17 12_34_02.png

It's not critical but annoying. Maybe someone can fix this for the next PEx version.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Rgds,

Rolf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry I cannot reproduce the issue in the KDS 3.0.0 project (Processor Expert without Kinetis SDK).

Could you provide me your project, please?

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

In the meantime I updated Processor Expert for Kinetis to 3.0.1 and the problem still occurs after rebuilding my project.

I attached a shrinked project with the compiler warnings.

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Rolf Bensch

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

I have imported the project into my KDS 3.0.0 (PEx for Kinetis 3.0.1) installation and I was able to reproduce one warning that is caused by the ADC component (AD1.c and AD1.h source code files). The AD1.h source code file contains the following incorrect declaration:

static void AD1_MainMeasure(void);

I.e. It is static function that shall be defined in the AD1.c file only.

I will report this issue to the PEx development team. But there are not any other related warning reported by the compiler.

You can modify the AD1.h file (remove the declaration of the AD1_MainMeasure() function) and set the option Don't Write Generated Component Modules, see the following screenshot:

pastedImage_1.png

This option ensures that the AD1.h file (and also the AD1.c file) will not be overwritten by Processor Expert.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos