David Pfaltzgraff

I2C EEPROM Memory with the FRDM-K22F

Discussion created by David Pfaltzgraff on Jun 16, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 by Iva Dorazinova

Following the idea of connecting I2C EEPROM memory to the Kinetis platform as outlined in KSDK I2C EEPROM Example by Jorge Gonzales, the attached is a similar implementation but using the FRDM-K22F and MQX.

I took the I2C MQX example found in C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk22f\demo_apps\i2c_rtos\i2c_rtos_mqx\kds and modified it to remove the sample and slave tasks. Then I implemented what's required to interface to the EEPROM. The commands are rather simple and limit the user to a single EEPROM page. So, for generic use (memory larger than a page or non-aligned data), the user would have to modify this code. But, this should be a good start.

This has been tested using a Freemont FT24C64A chip, but should work with any of the 24C64 parts available. The code is easily modified or extended to handle other memory configurations.

I will be using this code to save/load system configuration parameters. I will also be extending the I2C implementation to handle other I2C chips on a daughter boards of my design.

Constructive input welcome.

Original Attachment has been moved to: I2C-EEPROM.zip

Outcomes