I2C EEPROM Memory with the FRDM-K22F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C EEPROM Memory with the FRDM-K22F

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Following the idea of connecting I2C EEPROM memory to the Kinetis platform as outlined in KSDK I2C EEPROM Example by Jorge Gonzales, the attached is a similar implementation but using the FRDM-K22F and MQX.

I took the I2C MQX example found in C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk22f\demo_apps\i2c_rtos\i2c_rtos_mqx\kds and modified it to remove the sample and slave tasks. Then I implemented what's required to interface to the EEPROM. The commands are rather simple and limit the user to a single EEPROM page. So, for generic use (memory larger than a page or non-aligned data), the user would have to modify this code. But, this should be a good start.

This has been tested using a Freemont FT24C64A chip, but should work with any of the 24C64 parts available. The code is easily modified or extended to handle other memory configurations.

I will be using this code to save/load system configuration parameters. I will also be extending the I2C implementation to handle other I2C chips on a daughter boards of my design.

Constructive input welcome.

Original Attachment has been moved to: I2C-EEPROM.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

thank you for sharing this!

Iva

0 Kudos