KDS 3.0 -- any KE06Z bare-metal code examples for use with external crystal and programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0 -- any KE06Z bare-metal code examples for use with external crystal and programmer

michaelwilson
Contributor II

I'm trying to avoid using processor expert in my current setup, I have an external programmer and 8 MHz crystal. I am using the MKE06Z64VLD4 chip, not the FRDM-KE06.

Any ideas as to getting up and running quickly? I see that the SDK 1.2 is available but the KE06 processor is not in the support list yet.

Initializing all of the systems would be awesome! (Startup PLL, SPI, CAN, UART).

Finally, how different would this processor be in terms of initializing systems to the Kinetis L family (M0+)?

Thanks All! :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael Wilson:

You can start by downloading the KE examples package (KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD) from the next product page link:

Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Ki|Freescale

The examples are for other IDEs (CodeWarrior, IAR, Keil) but you can take the code as base and copy it to a new project in KDS.

About the differences with Kinetis L, the startup code will be the same as both are ARM Cortex M0+, but with regards to the modules, a couple peripherals are practically the same (e.g. I2C/SPI), so you can reuse code with minor changes, but the rest are not (clock system, PORTs/GPIOs, Flash,...). So the migration is not transparent.

If you face any doubts or issues do not hesitate in letting us know.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos