Does anyone test the 10-gigabit network's performance on P4080?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone test the 10-gigabit network's performance on P4080?

nickkung
Contributor I

Recently, we are going to design a board for network usage, we choose the P4080 as the main processor, however, our customer wants to know the performance of the 10-gigabit network right now....

So does anyone test the performance before? What about the throughput ?

Any tested data or document will be great help!:smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time and requires a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Naturally, we cannot discuss this with you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as a Service Request (SR). Be aware that to give you remote support through a SR, we will still need the confirmation of a Freescale employee that the NDA is in place. If you want to go this route, the next steps will be: If you have already signed a NDA agreement for this product, please contact the person who assisted you or create a SR and name us a Freescale person that can confirm this. If you have not signed an agreement, please contact your local Freescale Distributor Salesperson or FAE for assistance. For a listing of our distributors, refer to: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=DISTRIBUTORS

To have rough numbers: P4080 20G (2x10G) IPv4 Forward (forward Port1 to Port2, Port2 to Port1)

1 core is able to process 1024b+ packets at line rate (2395 kpps).

6 cores are able to process 128b+ packets at line rate (16892 kpps).

Have a great day,
Pavel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nickkung
Contributor I

Hi LPP,

Thanks for your quick response,  which os do you test the IPV4 Forward? Freescale Linux? we are going to process the 512 bytes packet at line rate, so we may achieve this by using 5 cores?

And how should I understand the core number? Just some settings in the processor register to enable them?

Moreover,  I just scan the documents of P4080, it seems the DPAA has something related with the network performance...

So if we buy the P4080PCIE EVA board, can we get test result as you mentioned above with original Linux SDK?

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The values i gave was obtained for this configuration:

P4080DS, Core/Platform/DDR/FMan: 1500/800/1300/600

SMP Linux 2.6.34.6 (32 bit)

2 Static ARP entries

1012 Static Route entries

The number of the cores are dedicated to USDPAA IPFwd threads via parameters of ipfwd_app application

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F2046591.html

For 512b packets @ 20G, line rate is 4699, IPv4 Forward Performance:

for 1 core 3100kpps

for 2 cores 4,699kpps (line rate)

Using more cores doesn't increase kpps but reduces the load of the cores.

You can find more on the test case at this link:

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F2046591.html

>can we get test result as you mentioned above with original Linux SDK?

Yes. Benchmark test are provided with SDK.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos