cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassembling in KDS

Jump to solution
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

I can disassemble an elf file in CW10 by right clicking it and choosing disassemble.  That option isn't in KDS3.  Is there a way to do it in KDS3?

Mike.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

I also found I can just go to Project|Properties|C/C++Build|Settings|Toolchains and set the Create Extended Listing box.  Then an option will appear in the Tool Settings allowing one to easily choose what is shown in the listing.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

I also found I can just go to Project|Properties|C/C++Build|Settings|Toolchains and set the Create Extended Listing box.  Then an option will appear in the Tool Settings allowing one to easily choose what is shown in the listing.

Mike

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

no, there is no such context menu in stock Eclipse Luna and CDT (which is what KDS v3.0.0 is using). But you can use 'per-file' options:

pastedImage_2.png

See as well Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Although the *.lst files help, they don't show all the code generated and where it is located.  To get a full listing, I added the following command

arm-none-eabi-objdump -d -S ${ProjName}.elf >>${ProjName}.txt

to the Project|Properties|C/C++Build|Settings|BuildSteps PostBuildSteps command box.  The resulting .txt file shows up in the Debug directory of the project.

Mike

0 Kudos