Trouble getting USB device PHDC demo app working on any freedom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting USB device PHDC demo app working on any freedom board

travis_l
Contributor III

I've now tried running the 'demo' app of the USB device PHDC weighscale app on a FRDM-KL25Z, FRDM-KL26Z, and FRDM-KL46Z boards, all with the same result.  The first problem I notice is that the HealthLink software driver is looking for the VID/PID of "Freescale.DeviceID = "VID_0425&PID_0004"", but the demo app is using the VID of A215.  So I modified the VID in the usb_descriptor.c file and built and ran it again.  Now I notice that the device is actually enumerating as VID 2504, PID 0004.  I think this is strange, but I chalk it up to a simple endianness issue, so I go back to usb_descriptor.c in the demo app and reverse the endianness of the VID/PID and try again.  Now the device enumerates correctly and is associated with the correct driver in device manager.  After launching HealthLink, at first I think that it has failed again because while HealthLink now does 'see' a compatible device, it still lists it as an "Unknown Device".  But while I'm sitting here typing this it did finally take off and work.  

Has anyone else tried the USB PHDC demo app and run into anything similar?  Why should I have to make any modification to a 'demo app' at all in order to get this working, even following the "Readme.pdf" instructions step by step?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Travis:

The demo should work without any modifications. The device may be first showd as "Unknown device" but after a few seconds it will be recognized as "Weight Scale":

Could you please specify the software versions you use (KSDK, IDE)? If any of the demo applications is not working out of the box I would need to test it and report it to our developers.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

travis_l
Contributor III

Sorry it took so long to respond, I didn't get a notification that I had a response.  I am using KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.2.0. 

0 Kudos