cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PCIe on imx6qdl

pakwoon
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I am trying to integrate a RTL8188ce PCI device with the iMX6QDL with little success. (I am are using a Congatec qmx6 PN16111 and code from their git repository) I have enabled the imx6 PCI Kernel option (Bus support -> [*] PCI support -> PCI host controller drivers -> [*] Freescale i.MX6 PCIe contoroller) and the RTL8188ce driver, but we can only see the PCI bridge device 16c3:abcd with performing a 'lspci'.

I have seen people get it working on the sabre boards and we had previously got it working using the LTIB build. Hence I am guessing there is something missing in the Device Tree files. I am on the daisy branch using 3.10.17 kernel.

In imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi:

&pcie {
    power-on-gpio = <&gpio3 19 0>;
    reset-gpio = <&gpio7 12 0>;
    status = "okay";
};

In im6qdl-qmx6.dtsi:

&pcie {
    reset-gpio = <&gpio1 20 0>;
    status = "okay";
};

I do not require the pci command in uboot. I assume the patches that I have seen around for uboot are to support the command and doesn't actually activate the bus/device.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pak

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pak

I believe one needs also install specific driver for that chip, like

rtl819x - Debian Wiki

as for Congatec qmx6 board, every board vendor performs

customizations for own board BSP, so proper way to post this to congatec

support or on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with this board

could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos