CW 10.6.4 and Multilink Universal FX: downloads, but can't debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6.4 and Multilink Universal FX: downloads, but can't debug

GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

I am using  CW10.6.4 and a P&E Multilink Universal FX in JTAG mode to debug a MK64FX512VLL12 on a custom board.  It downloads properly, but then crashes with a dialog box that says:

"GDI Protocol fatal error

The Debugger is not connected to the PE device"

Which is clearly wrong, as it just downloaded the code.

I know that the Multilink Universal FX has a different interface than the Multilink Universal. All of the  places I can find to set the interface (Run/Debug Configurations... tabs) say PnE U-Multilink, no reference to FX or not.

When I set up the project, I chose only the "P&E USB Multilink Universal [FX] /USB Multilink" check box.

Are there any other places to make this selection?

Gary Olmstead

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gary,

please download Firmware updates & recovery utility from P&E to update your Multilink universal FX firmware as the latest kinetis firmware version.

then

1. create a new workspace

2. create a new project with wizard in the new workspace.

3. test download and debug. how does it work?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Hi Zhang --

I should have said that I am running the latest CW and P&E.  As you suggested, I created a new project with the wizard.  It only toggles one port bit.

The program downloads, and appears to be executing, except that nothing is happening on any port bit.  No GDI error.  If I stop execution, I get a CORBA connection error message saying that the connection was interrupted.  It generates a diagnostics file; would you like me to send it to you?  I don't see any way to attach it, and it is a zip file, so inserting it won't help much.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gary,

1. make sure your Multilink Universal FX have the latest firmware.

P&E Microcomputer Systems

did you download Firmware updates & recovery utility from P&E to update?

2. create a new project with wizard in the new workspace.DON'T ADD ANY CODE. how does debug work?

3. upload the screenshot of windows device manager, does it correct recognize Universal FX?

4.  your can upload the diagnostics file to the post:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos