cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Problem imx6dl and fpga on pcie

aureliencourrie
Contributor II

Hi,

I encounter some problem with data transfert between a iMX6 and a FPGA connected via the pcie.

Let me explain :

We use linux 3.0.35 (from the corresponding BSP) with the provided pcie driver (forcing GEN1 of pcie - no choice)

and we've develop a driver to access to the FPGA data via the function "ioremap_nocache" but with this function the transfert speed is too slow for our application (~12.5MBytes/s).

I found a "workaround" to increase the speed (~45MBytes/s) by using the function "ioremap_cached" which is perfect for our application but...

With this workaround, I often read "bad data" and after analysis the "bad data" correspond to the previous read data at the same location

The "bad data" is always a block of 32Bytes, and I don't have any clue to solve this problem

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance

WeeDo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

He Wee

this seems as kernel bug so one can try patched 3.0.35

with arm errata L3.0.101_4.1.1_IM6QDLS_BUNDLE or

better latest L3.14.28_1.0.0_iMX6QDLS_BUNDLE

also just for reference :

i.MX6Q PCIe EP/RC Validation System

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos