cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert component - FatFsMemSDHC error - Error in inherited component

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am using FRDM-K22F. It has MK22FN512VLH12 MCU. I am following the below link to set up SD card and use this to log data to the SD card.

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/07/30/fatfs-with-kinetis/

Tutorial: Data Logger with the FRDM-K64F Board | MCU on Eclipse

When I add FatFsMemSDHC component, I get the error - Error in inherited component. I have screen shots below.

36601_36601.pngpastedImage_5.png

36698_36698.pngpastedImage_6.png

Can someone please help me. Also can some one point me to the free tutorial to use Processor Expert. Looks like it is pretty cool. I am not used to it and I am new. If i get free tutorial, that will be great. Please help me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi,

Also SDHC_LDD shows error. I think the main reason for error is SDHC_LDD.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

vítorpereira
Contributor III

Hi Vishal, I'm facing problems with the same component,  but the error is "Target processor does not contain pereiheral of this type". Could you solve your problem? How?

Thanks,

Vítor Pereira

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The problem I see from the screenshots is that the Kinetis SDK is used. The thing is that the Kinetis SDK does not come with Processor Expert components compatible with the SDHC Processor Expert components, so it produces that error.

Instead, create a project *without* the Kinetis SDK enabled.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

vítorpereira
Contributor III

Hi Erich, I've found something about it on your website, in the page https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/07/30/fatfs-with-kinetis/,​ on the comments. You said it was probably bacause the physical interface to SDHC was not wired on the board, and it totally makes sense, I guess. I checked out about SDK, and it is not beeing used. How ever some other questions came out, and I created this thread: Using SDcard in SPI mode on FRDM K22-F . I'm confused in how to implement a FAT system with the FatFile_System using the SD card in SPI mode. If you have the time, I would appreciate if you could check that out.

Thanks, Erich!

Vítor Pereira

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vitor

you might check out that example I have posted which is using SPI on the FRDM-K22F board with FatFS.

Erich

0 Kudos