cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K20 and FreeRTOS

zohargolan1
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to setup freertos with kinetis k20, processor expert, and KDS.

The integrated FreeRtos

in the KDS does not support the device I am using (MK20fx512vlq12), but I am limited to this device. The project was working fine with IAR, but I cannot port it to KSD.

Any example project which is in similar configuration?

I appreciate any comment in this matter

Zohar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zohar,

>>The integrated FreeRtos in the KDS does not support the device

Not sure what you mean, but FreeRTOS supports any M0+ or M4 Kinetis device, it is not depending on the derivative.

If the question is about the Kienetis SDK supporting that device, then you could use the generic FreeRTOS component from McuOnEclipse. For that one, you can create a project with Processor Expert (no SDK selected), and use that component.

The components are available on SourceForge:

McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge | MCU on Eclipse

I have several examples on GitHub which might be useful for you. The folder for KDS projects is here:

mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub

I don't have a specific example for that K20 with FreeRTOS for you, but you could have a look at this one for the KL25Z:

mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-KL25Z/FRDM-KL25Z_FreeRTOS at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitH...

The only real difference is that your device is an M4 (and not an M0+ as on the FRDM-KL25Z):

pastedImage_4.png

I hope this helps,Erich

0 Kudos

zohargolan1
Contributor II

Erich,

Well the latest status, after cleaning everything else is that I am still getting the following errors

undefined reference to `PendSV_Handler' Vectors.o /xxx/Debug/Generated_Code   C/C++ Problem

undefined reference to `SysTick_Handler' Vectors.o /xxx/Debug/Generated_Code   C/C++ Problem

undefined reference to `SVC_Handler' Vectors.o /xxx/Debug/Generated_Code   C/C++ Problem

You gave a solution in another post in regards to how to solve it, but I am using KDS with GCC and Processor expert, which is different than the answer you gave.

Please advise

Zohar

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zohar,

can you confirm you are using my latest components from McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge | MCU on Eclipse and that you are using Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0 project, *without* the Kinetis SDK?

Erich

0 Kudos

zohargolan1
Contributor II

Thank you Erich and sorry for the late response,

I am still struggling with it, and had to massage couple of the parameters. I will let you know how it goes

Zohar

0 Kudos