Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN bus sniffer with MPC56xx?

Jump to solution
borjagomez
Contributor I

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have to configure the FlexCAN module to work as a CAN bus sniffer or in normal mode (with msg Id related to a message buffer). I have no problem to run the FlexCAN module when Message Id are known and hence, they are linked to a message buffer, but I would like to know if this module can be configured for the reception of unknown message identifiers. In this case, the CAN module should work as a gateway. It just sends what it has received. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance,

Borja Gómez

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You could just set a mask acceptance register(s) properly, means clear all bits. In that case the received ID is “don’t care”. If you want to receive both standard and extended frames then 2 MBs should be set for receive, one for standard and other for extended frames.

Regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You could just set a mask acceptance register(s) properly, means clear all bits. In that case the received ID is “don’t care”. If you want to receive both standard and extended frames then 2 MBs should be set for receive, one for standard and other for extended frames.

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos
borjagomez
Contributor I

Thank you very much.

Borja.

0 Kudos