KW2x - Program to Flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW2x - Program to Flash

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I have the KW21256 Tower development kit. I'm powering the board through the mini USB port. I'm programming through CW 10.6 using a P&E Multilink Debugger. I'm confused as to whether or not this is actually programming the MCU flash because when I power off the unit and turn it back on, the code does not appear to be executing.

Part of my confusion may be cause by the OpenSDA interface which I'm still learning about.

I've set the project's Build Configuration to FLASH. What else do I need to do here to make the program run after a power-cycle?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

Some more history on what I'm trying to accomplish...

I'm trying to get program the FLASH, not RAM of at TWR-24D256 development board. We didn't realized until trying to fire this thing up that it's only supported in IAR. So, I'm now tasked with trying to figure this out in CW10.6 or KDS due to the expense of IAR. CW10.6 doesn't have the MCU support period and KDS doesn't appear to have KW2x as an option when creating a new board. I've worked through some of that by selecting a random K10 part as the derivative inside of CW10.6, which I choose because I'm most familiar with it.

So, since I'm not overly familiar with the Tower or Freedom development boards, my question at this point is... Is this normal behavior or unique to my odd configuration?

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joe,

Unfortunately neither Codewarrior nor KDS are supported in KW2x application examples; therefore I could not say what is happening in this case. I guess you could try to select a Kinetis K21 device, which is more similar to KW24 than K10. Please do so and let me know if that worked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos