AnsweredAssumed Answered

P1010 Global Timers issues

Question asked by HARRY JUCQUOIS on Jun 8, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 by HARRY JUCQUOIS

Hi,

I’m currently working on an electronic board based on the P1010. I’m trying to use global timers on the P1010 but I have been unable to get A0 and B0 global timers working. Indeed, timer interruptions don't cause external interrupts.

You could find below more explanations about what I have done so far.

Concerning the initialization of the processor, I have set two main things :

• Initialize MSR register by setting the MSR[EE] bit to 0 (wrteei  0)
  • Initialize the IRQ module :
    • Reset PIC writing RST bit to 1
    • Clear CTPR register
    • Clear all pending interrupts reading IACK and writing  EOI
    • Set PIC operating mode equals to Mixed mode (interrupts are handled by the normal priority and delivery mechanisms of the PIC)
    • Enable global interrupts changing MSR[EE] bit to 1 (wrteei  1)

After having got the timer configuration register reference (CCSRBAR address + 40000h + 1100h for A0 Global timer and CCSRBAR address + 40000h + 2100h for B0 Global timer), I have :

• Set internal interrupt destination register to 1 of the PIC_GTDRA0/B0 register in order to direct timer interrupts to processor core
  • Specified the interrupt priority to 1 and set the vector field of the PIC_GTVPRA0/B0 register
  • Enabled counting and set the base count of the PIC_GTBCRA0/B0 register

Before the initialization of the A0 Global timer :

P1010_Global_Timer_A0_1.png

After initialization :

P1010_Global_Timer_A0_2.png

At runtime :

P1010_Global_Timer_A0_3.png

The global timers seem to work since I can see the PIC_GTCCRA0 register values decrementing. Reading the P1010 QorIQ Integrated Processor Reference Manual, it mentions that the PIC_GTCCRA0[TOG]  is toggled when the current count decrements to zero and cleared when PIC_GTBCRA0[CI] goes from 1 to 0. However, the CI bit is always set to 1 and doesn’t change at all.

Looking at the PIC_GTVPRA0 register, I have noticed that the Activity bit is always set to 1 and interrupt request from the PIC should cause the processor to take an external interrupt, right ?

Is there any additional register/step needed to setup and use global timers? Anyone can explain me in details how they work?

Thanks,

Outcomes