Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C loop back test in iMX6 CPU

Jump to solution
mohammedazlum
Contributor IV

Hello FSL,

Is it possible to do the I2C1 & I2C2 loop back test in same iMX6 processor ?

Example,

Time T1

I2C1 is act as master and I2C2 is act as slave at time T1. So that master and slave can be communicated (example send and receive data) in same processor. Thus we can make sure that I2C1 master & I2C2 slave functionalities are working properly. 

Time T2

Similar way,

I2C1 is act as slave and I2C2 is act as master at time T2. So that master and slave can be communicated (example send and receive data) in same processor. Thus we can make sure that I2C1 slave & I2C2 master functionalities are working properly. 

Also here I have atathced the wiring diagram of the I2C loop back test. Could you review and share the feedback ?

I2C1 & I2C2 Loop Test.png

Regards,

Azlum

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mohammed

yes this is feasible test since i.MX6 I2C modules are

independent modules. One can work as master, while other

as slave and can communicate with each other.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mohammed

yes this is feasible test since i.MX6 I2C modules are

independent modules. One can work as master, while other

as slave and can communicate with each other.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
puneethkumar_kk
Contributor II

Hi Igor

Need some clarification on this issue. You had mentioned that I2C slave mode functionality is not possible on IMX6 in the below thread.

i.mx6 i2c set to slave? 

But in the current thread , it is mentioned as it is possible to do the same. 

I want to perform loopback test on i2c expansion connectors between i2c0 and i2c2(one as master and one as slave) on the IMX6 custom board. If it is possible, what are changes required to perform i2c loop-back test.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards

Puneeth Kumar K

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Puneeth

in the current thread , it is mentioned as it is possible - yes,  hardware supports it.

In below thread. i.mx6 i2c set to slave? 

it is mentioned that linux does not support it:

"..Linux Manual :

The I2C driver does not support the I2C slave mode of operation."

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
mohammedazlum
Contributor IV

Thank you for the support Igor !

Regards,

Azlum

0 Kudos