Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 3 - impossible to set baud rate

johnnymclean
Contributor II

Wondering if anyone has seen this:

In KDS 2.0, KSDK 1.1, using Processor Expert, can't set baud rate for DbgCs1:

ERRORS:

ERROR: at line 45: Inherited symbol not found: "BaudRateBaudRate" (file: Drivers\sw\1.1\MQX_KSDK.ts2)

Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 3 - it is impossible to set the following items: select value (Baud rate)

Thx, J.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

firstly I recommend use newest versions for KSDK1.2 and KDS 3.0.

and secondly it looks that you have Baud Rate set twice.

Please, can you attach screenshot of your PE settings ?

I hope this helps,

Iva

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

I was unsuccessful in getting two uarts working with KDS 3.0.0, KSDK 1.2.0 and Processor Expert with MQX full.

I was seeing if I could get it working with KDS 2.0 and KSDK 1.1.0. with MQX full.

I have bare metal code using two uarts working in KDS 2.0/KSDK 1.1.0 and using the flash driver. All of this works fine.

In KDS 3.0.0/KSDK 1.2.0 and Processor Expert I have bare metal code working with two uarts, but I can't get the flash driver working. When I try to do the same but with MQX, I can't get two uarts working.

In the end I want to be using KDS 3.0.0/KSDK 1.2.0 with MQX full, with two functional uarts and the flash driver working.

I have had more success with KDS 2.0/KSDK 1.1.0, so I'm continually going back to it to see if I can get functionality enabled there, then hopefully move that code base into KDS 3.0.0.

Cheers, J.

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

please, can you attach the code ?

Thank you,

Iva

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

Hi Iva, I've tried so many things in the last two weeks, I don't have any stable code base now.

Is it possible for Freescale to provide a FRDM 64 demo, demonstrating 2 uarts and the flash driver simultaneously, implemented using KDS 3.0/KSDK 1.2 and using the armgcc make file build?

Thanks, J.

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

I´m very sorry for my late response.

We don´t have this example, but the problem is, when you write to the flash, you must have disabled interrupt from UARTs - preferably all interrupts.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos