Programming Interface Recommendations for KE06 Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Interface Recommendations for KE06 Family

thomasolenik
Contributor III

I have been using various Kinetis evaluation boards for several months and have selected the KE06 family MCU for a project I'm working on. This will be a low rate production project, and I think its going to be best to have programming capability brought out the the connector interface for reprogramming  in the field. According to Chapter 9 of the reference manual, it appears that SWD is the only interface supported by the KE06 for programming. It looks like the USB Multilink Universal by P&E Micro supports this.

Is anyone using the USB Multilink Universal by P&E Micro successfully with the KE06 or with other Kinetis over SWD and can offer any feedback?

Is anyone using the above with Kinetis Design Studio?

Does anyone know of any guidlines available for using any of the above together?

Are there better options? 

Any problems?

I'm looking for a low cost solution for initial work. I am also evaluating the Qorivva MPC5xxx family for another project and the above programming says it supports that as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Olenik

Labels (1)
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom,

I ever used the USB Multilink Universal  successfully with the KE06 over SWD with KDS.

you can find the document of  how to use USB Multilink Universal

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...

you can also use faster tool Universal FX. but it is more expensive:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal FX - USB Multilink Universal FX All-In-One Devel...

there is  "Using the Freedom Board as SWD Programmer" on Erich blog which can be also useful to you:

Using the Freedom Board as SWD Programmer | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------