AnsweredAssumed Answered

Application note for minimal KL03 (MKL03Z32VFG4) with ISP

Question asked by CARLOS OTERO on Jun 3, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 by Andy Murray

Hello dear Freescale community,

I am looking for an application note/document for a minimal KL03 connection with In-system programming ISP.  Ideally, I would like to program the micro with the Freedom-KL03z board, but I am open to buying a programmer if necessary (like the UMultilink, but not as expensive as the CycloneMAX). 

Looking at the FRDM-KL03 schematic, I was thinking on connecting an MKL03Z32VFG4 to, power/ground and a couple of capacitors neard the Vdd supply. Also, adding a 10k resistor between ground and RESET.  Then I'll also put an LED+resistor to one of the GPIOs to be able to "listen" to the micro controller.

For programming, I was thinking on putting the following signals to a header and use the FRDMKL03z to program: RESET, UART0_TX, UART0_RX, SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience working with this and what are your thoughts?  Also, I am worried that if I use the FRDMKL03z board for programming there is no jumper to let the board to talk to my external microcontroller instead of the one provided.  Also, pointers to any documents would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Outcomes