cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 Errata ERR005895 - ENET 1588 channel 2 event capture mode not functional

benhenricksen
Contributor III

In this Errata is says

"ENET 1588 channel 2 event capture/compare mode cannot be used.

Channels 1, 3, and 4 can be used for the event capture instead."

In the datasheet the ENET channels are numbered 0,1,2,3, not 1,2,3,4; so is Event 2   event 2 or 3??

A pin name might be more conclusive such as SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_ENET_RX_ER, being Event 2 out

Am I reading this wrong? Got the wrong datasheet?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is about GPIO16 and ENET_1588_EVENT2_IN signal as specified in the Manual Table 23-1. The workaround setction

of the errata list is inaccurate mentioning the capture channel 4. Actually available are channels 0, 1, 3.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

benhenricksen
Contributor III

Hi Platon,

This is interesting. So is ENET_1588_EVENT2_OUT functioning i.e. the compare functionality of Event 2 ? (This is important to me as this is the only event channel output on my E-Con Systems Ankaa board that is exposed and I want to verify its operation before designing our own iMX6 board). This is to get a PPS signal out.

There was talk of a software update for this feature too. Do you know anything about that?

Anybody using the PTP-1588 Timing feature on the Mx6?

0 Kudos

benhenricksen
Contributor III

This must be an easy question for Freescale staff and a necessary update to the documentation surely?

0 Kudos