AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6Q linux-fslc X11 OpenGL Vivante setup problem (LVDS/LDB)

Question asked by Markus Hofstätter on Jun 2, 2015

Hi everyone,

this has been bugging me a while. I hope you guys can help me out here and point me to what I'm doing wrong.

We use the i.MX6 PFLA02 and PBAB01 boards from Phytec. Display is connected to LVDS/LDB.

Our current SW chain is yocto/poky 1.7 (dizzy)/1.8 (fido) (currently I switched to 1.8)

In ported the phytec board file to 1.8 and the phytec patches for the device tree to 1.8 (in the hope I did not do anything wrong there).

We deactivated the fsl-alsa and gst plugins as they require imx-lib (mxc driver set). Which is not available in linux-fslc.

So the board boots. USB etc. looks to work fine. But when using OpenGL and the imx-vivante-fb driver for X11 with imx-drm and not the standard X11 fb and mesa drivers we can not get X11 to run.

Do we need the FSL--ML mxc driver set for OpenGL or is it supported with imx-drm?

Other Symptoms:

fb0/mode, ... empty

Xorg Vivante virtual width 0

If the drivers are fine then I suspect we either have some wrong display (timing) in the ldb node in the DT or a wrong configuration of Xorg. (Please note we also have some parallel display defs and hdmi defs still in the DT, which are currently unused by us if those should be conflicting somehow).

Thanks and kr,

Markus

Original Attachment has been moved to: local.conf.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: dmesg.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6qdl-phytec-pfla02.dtsi.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6q-pbab01.conf.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Xorg.0.log.zip

Outcomes