Can not successfully download a Linux system on the I.MX 6Quad SABRE board ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not successfully download a Linux system on the I.MX 6Quad SABRE board ...

Jump to solution
xiaobinwu
Contributor II

I have got a I.MX 6Quad SABRE board, then I want to download the Linux system with the Mfgtools-Rel-1.1.0_121218_MX6Q_UPDATER via the USB OTG , but I can not successfully download into the board.It stays at the state as the following picture.QQ截图20150602152744.png

The board I have set as fllows:

BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 10

BT_C FG1_7 BT_C FG1_6 B T_C FG1_5 BT_C FG1_4 :0011

BT_C FG2_6 BT_C FG2_5 BT_C FG2_4 B T_C FG2_3 :0000

I do not know if the setting it right .

the image ,u-boot and rootfs is from the freescale.com ( L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_images_MX6).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI xiaobin

please try with MFG Tool from i.MX6DQ product page: i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL  : Tool and documentation for downloading OS images to the i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual.

Size (K): 75779 Format: gz Rev #: L3.0.35_4.1.0 Modified: 9/5/2013

also one needs to remove SD card, so board enters Serial Downloader mode.

Please check sect.4.1 How to Enter Serial Download Mode for MFGTool,

Chapter 6 Downloading Images by Using MFGTool attached Linux User Guide.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xiaobinwu
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your answer !

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI xiaobin

you can check attached files for more details.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
xiaobinwu
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov

Thank you very much for your answer !

Best regards

xiaobin

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI xiaobin

please try with MFG Tool from i.MX6DQ product page: i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL  : Tool and documentation for downloading OS images to the i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual.

Size (K): 75779 Format: gz Rev #: L3.0.35_4.1.0 Modified: 9/5/2013

also one needs to remove SD card, so board enters Serial Downloader mode.

Please check sect.4.1 How to Enter Serial Download Mode for MFGTool,

Chapter 6 Downloading Images by Using MFGTool attached Linux User Guide.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
xiaobinwu
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov

I have download the  i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf and IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL as your answer ,but the i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf just tell me how to config the sw6 after I have download the image int the EMMC.Now ,I can not download the image into the emmc,I do not know if it is what I config the sw6 and bootmod iare wrong or there is something wrong with my board .

I have config the sw6 (1 to 8) as 00110000 when download the image into the emmc;the bootmode[1:0]  as 10.

Can you tell me if Ihave config the board correctlly?

0 Kudos