Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot debugging with arm ds 5 ultimate edition in windows 7

Jump to solution
saida
Contributor II

Hi I.MX community

i am working with I.mx6 dual lite board

can any one give the guidelines to create a u-boot project and compiling with ds5 for debugging

i am using DS5 5.2 version

debugger is DSTREAM

i tried with two ways

1. i compiled u-boot in linux using arm-none-eabi tools and created a general project in ds5 and try to download u-boot file to target board  but its not loading the elf file

2. i created a "new make file project with existing code" than created targets a) clean b)mx6dlsabresd_config and than building project all this done afters proper settings done for project

in this case its showing build is finished (3.4 ms) but no images are created and i am using u-boot-2015.01 version

please can any solve this and give quick reply i am stucked here

than k you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please let me know Your e-mail so that I can send You some

information about U-boot debugging.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yangaaron
Contributor III

Hello,

could you send about U-boot debugging with arm ds-5 v5.22 ultimate edition in windows7 information to me.

i am working with I.mx6 solo board , android 5.0.0

I have the same problem.

my e-mail : aaron.yang@adlinktech.com

thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Done !

0 Kudos
healy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi Yuri

I want to debug i.mx6ul and i.mx6sx u-boot and linux kernel, would you like to send the document to me?

my email - hongjian.sun@nxp.com

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
kenstein
Contributor II

I am also trying to get U-BOOT to debug using the DS-5 on the SABRE SDB (mx6sxsabresd) configuration.

I see there is some information that was supplied to the original poster but looks like it was communicated by email vs. a post or link here.

Should I start a new thread on this?

I am running a stand alone application using uboot and bootelf to load up the axf file generated by my build.

Runs fine, but now as I develop more code, I am running into problems that happen post bootelf where my application is lost.

Application runs fine loaded directly into emulator but not through the uboot bootelf process.

Trying to just load the uboot elf file in the Ds5 bombs out during loading, trying to just do an attach to the A9 with my applications elf symbols fails to work as well.  

There must be a procedure that others have followed to get basic visibility and debugging up using the SABRE SDB and Uboot using the Keil tools.

Again, if you could forward me what you have or recommend I start another thread for this.

Regards, Ken.

kstein3@zebra.com

0 Kudos
saida
Contributor II

Hi

thank you for ur reply

plz send to my mail id:  saida_eee@yahoo.co.in

thank you

0 Kudos