cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 hdmi resolutions

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Dear all,

it is not clear to me how HDMI resolution/modeset works on imx6. There are involved the HDMI supported modesets and the monitor supported modeset.

1) afaik, there is a table (33-3) that shows only certain videomode supoprted (1920 x 1080, 1280x720 and lower). But for example initializing display from u-boot and stopping at U.Boot prompt, seems also different resolution are possible, like if they are forced, they work.

2) also, Linux seems to be able so sync to hdmi 1024x768 (mxc_sdc_fb fb.29: 1024x768 h_sync,r,l: 136,24,160  v_sync,l,u: 6,3,29 pixclock=65002000 Hz), and this is also strange since seems to be not supported.

Every clarification would be helpful

Thanks

angelo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

thanks for the answer, but not very clear still, my doubts are about how is possible i can set 1024x768 from U-Boot, if table 33-3 is not supporting it.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Angelo,

What you saw in table 33-3 of the reference manual are the supported modes of HDMI 1.4

Those are the only supported resolutions.

Have a great day,
Sergio Solis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos