AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to fix the color format for CSI Test generation mode

Question asked by Isaac Nickaein on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 by Wigros Sun

I am trying to capture the CSI test generated checkboard image on i.MX6 using GStreamer on Kernel 3.10.17. The doc I am using is Freescale BSP Porting Guide, Chapter 7.1.3 (Configuring the CSI Unit in Test Mode).

To enable the Capture mode, I've added the following settings in ipu_csi_init_interface function of drivers/mxc/ipu3/ipu_capture.c:

cfg_param.data_width = 0x1;

cfg_param.ext_vsync = 0x1;

cfg_param.data_fmt = 0x0;

cfg_param.pack_tight = 0x0;

cfg_param.clk_mode = 0x1;

cfg_param.pixclk_pol = 0x1;

cfg_param.data_pol = 0x0;

cfg_param.Hsync_pol = 0x0;

cfg_param.Vsync_pol = 0x0;

and called _ipu_csi_set_test_generator to setup clock and RGB values of squares in output the pattern:

_ipu_csi_set_test_generator(ipu, true, 255, 0, 0, uint32_t pixelClock = clk_get_rate(ipu->ipu_clk)/8, csi);

Note I have set /8 for the divider. If I omit the /8 division (which eventually causes the CSI0_DIV_RATIO to be set to zero, as the FSL Porting Guide have asked), it will caught in a loop and the dmesg shows (with DEBUG flag enabled) many "In MVC:camera_callback" message. With /8 division present, I can capture the test image by the following command, but their color seems to be incorrect:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc num-buffers=1 !  jpegenc ! filesink location=sample.jpeg

Here is an output image when I set 255,0,0 as RGB values for the test pattern:

255,0,0.jpeg

And here is the one for 255,255,255:

255,255,255.jpeg

I've adapted the OV5640 sensor driver (commented out I2C-related parts) and the sensor is recognized as v4l2 slave. The sensor pixelformat is set to

ov5640_data.pix.pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUYV;

in the ov5640_probe file. I've tried other video formats like V4L2_PIX_FMT_YYUV, V4L2_PIX_FMT_YVYU, etc, but they either caused "Internal data flow error" in Gstreamer or didn't make any difference.

It has been stated in BSP Porting guide:

Change the sensor pixel format from YUV to RGB565 in the ipu_bg_overlay_sdc.c file so that the image converter will not perform color space conversion and the input received from the CSI test mode generator will be sent directly to the memory.

I have tried changing the following settings to IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB565 in ipu_bg_overlay_sdc.c but that doesn't have any effect:

task.input.format = IPU_PIX_FMT_UYVY;  (csi_buf_work_func function)

pixel_fmt = IPU_PIX_FMT_UYVY; (csi_enc_callback function)

Outcomes