Flash driver issue with KDS 3.0, KSDK 1.2 and Processor Expert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash driver issue with KDS 3.0, KSDK 1.2 and Processor Expert

johnnymclean
Contributor II

Wondering if anyone has had issues with using the flash driver under KDS 3.0 with KSDK 1.2  using Processor Expert.

I have used the flash driver with a bare metal KDS 2.0, KSDK 1.1 application and all works fine.

With KDS 3.0 and Processor Expert, adding fsl_flash appears to work fine. All default config looks correct to me. I can compile, link and install. But as soon as the code attempts to execute FlashEraseSector() it hangs. FlashInit() runs without error, but all other API calls hang.

Has anyone seen this and would there be an example of using KDS 3.0, KSDK 1.2, Processor Expert and the fsl_flash driver?

I’m using the FRDM-K64F dev kit.

Thanks, John.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny.

Generally, you can find PE examples at C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Repositories\KSDK120_Repository\Projects\Kinetis\Processor_Expert_SDK\FRDM-K64F120M

You can find them at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps or at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples

flash driver example is located under flash folder C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\flash

and flash demo is under demo_apps at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\flash_demo

But you can inspire by example using KDS 2.0, KSDK 1.1 and PEx for fsl_flash

I´m attaching you a project, created for FRDM-K22F.

Originally it is from Re: Re: How to use "fsl_flash" componect of Processor Expert

I hope it helps you,

Best Regards

Iva

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

Please test this demo code :

....\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\flash

If have any question about this demo , please tell me !

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

I tried this, it imports and builds, but when you try and flash to the target I get this?????

Exception occurred during launch

Reason:

Error while launching command: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version

I've never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thx, Johnny

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

One more thing from my mind.

Please, do you see this error?

error.jpg

What do you use for antivirus?

Error message could be caused by moving "arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe" to Virus Chest in Avast.

Maybe could help, if you use Avast, add the path "C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\ " in the list of exclusions for your Avast.

I mean

avast.jpg

Please, tell me if it helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

Yes, this is the error I get. As mentioned above, other demo's flash correctly, so it can't be an antivirus issue. If it was, I'd be seeing this error with all examples.

Thanks for the help. Cheers, Johnny

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

yes, you are right, but if you set it, you don't mess anything.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

please try to end process for GDB Server and arm-none-eabi-dgb.exe from Task Manager and try flash again.

wintask.png

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

I don't have either process running on my system. KDS 3.0 is running and I can repeat the error condition.

KDS3_Process_Search.PNG

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

Please, check your toolchain settings according to mine: (please, get by right click on your project to Properties in KDS).

toolchain_1.png

toolchain_2.png

toolchain_3.png

toolchain_4.png

Please, do you see some differences?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

johnnymclean
Contributor II

Hi Iva, yes all my settings are the same. I can flash my project and other demo projects just fine. I can build, link and flash hello_frdmk64f and hello_world_frdmk64f just fine. It's just flash_example_frdmk64f that produces this weird error.

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny,

and what about other demo, please did you check adc_low_power,hwtimer_demo demo?

Maybe helps re-install KSDK1.2. ,KDS 3.0 and try again.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos