cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25z fails to connect

peterbeal
Contributor I

Hi all,

This is my first time using a Freescale product, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting this to connect to any of my computers. I've tried on both a Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines, and it will power up, run the RGB LED demo, but the power LED on the board does not light, nor will anything show up in "Devices and Printers" or Device Manager.

I've searched around and followed as many steps as I could, but I can't get this to go into BOOTLOADER mode, either.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a Rev. F board, btw.

EDIT:

So I've taken the time to study the schematics and probe out as many test points as relevant. The Green LED isn't being activated, as the PTD4/SPI0_PCS1/UART0_RTS/FTM0_CH4/EWM_IN pin on the K20 is still high, even after resetting.

Everything else seems to be in order, however.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

Please refer to  "FRDM-KL25Z User's Manual" , here :

Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Ki|Freescale

and enter the bootloader mode please refer to :

pastedImage_1.png

When you want to debug , please copy and paste the file  "DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102.SDA" to the Bootloader drive.

If still have any question , please contact us !

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

peterbeal
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, the device does not enter Bootloader mode using the above method. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Dear Peter,

Please repeat the above method (unplug the USB cable, press the reset button, plug the USB cable again -while the reset button is still pressed- and then release the reset button) but be sure that the USB connector where you plug the cable in is the one that has written "SDA".

pastedImage_0.jpg

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

peterbeal
Contributor I

Hi Earl,

Yes, I've tried this numerous times to no avail. I scoped out the D4 LED and the control line is still HIGH.

Is this simply a defective board?

Peter

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

If you tried on a Windows 7 machine it could be a defective board. If you bought your board with a distributor please contact him. If you bought your board directly from Freescale.com​ please request another board from this link Dev Tool Warranty Return Request Form|Freescale.

Best Regards,

Earl Orlando Ramírez-Sánchez

Technical Support Engineer

/* If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. */

0 Kudos