How to use the kpp for imx6q+android4.3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the kpp for imx6q+android4.3?

Jump to solution
燕频姜
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to use 4 row,4 col on my board.I have activated the keypad driver in the kernel and configured the column and row keypads in the board file.

In the device filesystem is  the entry :

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000

N: Name="imx-keypad"

P: Phys=

S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/imx-keypad/input/input1

U: Uniq=

H: Handlers=event1

B: PROP=0

B: EV=100013

B: KEY=3 0 0 0 0 0 0 40000800 1680 0 78000000 10000ffe

B: MSC=10

the interrupts is:

114:          0          0          0          0       GIC  imx-keypad

But,when press then button,there is no interrupts on.

How to set clk? The BSP has not kpp clk.

keypad->clk = clk_get(&pdev->dev, "kpp");

Has somebody an idea what could be the reason?

THX

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

i.MX KPP is designed to interface with a keypad matrix with 2-point contact or 3-point contact keys. If your application requires a different configuration, you can reference (in Linux) Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/imx-keypad.txt to add the keymap in kpp driver configuration.

Also can you add debug message in drivers/input/keyboard/imx_keypad.c to check whether kpp driver is correctly loaded.

Additionally, in Linux BSP, the KPP driver does not ready for wakeup (generating interrupts in Suspend mode). The attached patch (for BSP L3.0.35_12.10.02_GA) enables KPP key detection in suspend mode (i.MX6SL).

Regarding Android integration, you could check the KPP configuration on the init.rc file. Please take a look at the following thread:

Where to edit init.rc?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

i.MX KPP is designed to interface with a keypad matrix with 2-point contact or 3-point contact keys. If your application requires a different configuration, you can reference (in Linux) Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/imx-keypad.txt to add the keymap in kpp driver configuration.

Also can you add debug message in drivers/input/keyboard/imx_keypad.c to check whether kpp driver is correctly loaded.

Additionally, in Linux BSP, the KPP driver does not ready for wakeup (generating interrupts in Suspend mode). The attached patch (for BSP L3.0.35_12.10.02_GA) enables KPP key detection in suspend mode (i.MX6SL).

Regarding Android integration, you could check the KPP configuration on the init.rc file. Please take a look at the following thread:

Where to edit init.rc?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
燕频姜
Contributor II

Hi,Carlos

Thanks for your answer,I have solved this problem.I just set the wrong keymap.

Your another advice is  also very useful to me.

Best regards!

YanpinJiang

0 Kudos
hrushinale
Contributor III

Hi YanpinJiang,

Actually I am also trying the same thing in Linux bu I am confused  in driver, Should I make any modifications in driver? Can you please share your board file and the Keymap you set ? may it solve my problem

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
燕频姜
Contributor II

I sorry I have not seen your message.

0 Kudos