cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SPI1 in the MK20DX256VLH7

Jump to solution
lenshustek
Contributor II

I'm trying to use the second SPI module in the MK20DX256VLH7 (as a slave), but I don't see SPI1_SCK listed anywhere in the pinout table. What pin should the SPI1 clock be connected to?

Also, SPI1_PCSx isn't listed in the "Technical Data" document K20P64M72SF1 Rev 3, 11/2012 table on page 62.  The "Reference Manual" document K20P64M72SF1RM, Rev. 1.1, Dec 2012 table on page 207 does list SPI1_PCS1 (on pin 1, alternate 2).  But it doesn't list SPI1_PCS0, which I think is the only PCS that can be used as input for a slave; see Table 10-28 on page 217.

Does anyone know how to use SPI1 in this chip, particularly as a slave?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Len,

Sorry for late response, now I've already received feedback about MK20DX256VLH7 and its reference manual, unfortunately, Kinetis 72MHz part with 64LQFP package (MK20DX256VLH7) only has one SPI module instead of two, this issue is also reported to documentation team and reference manual would be modified.

Are you looking for a chip with 2 SPI modules? if so, please let me know it and i will help you to look for best MCU that fits your needs,

Regards,

Isaac Avila

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Len,

It seems to be a documentation error so I already informed documentation team about it, maybe they are missing SPI1_SCK signal or they wrongly replaced this by another SPI1 pin. When response is got, i will inform you about it.

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
lenshustek
Contributor II

Ok, thanks, Isaac. Please also ask about where SPI1_PCS0 is.

-- Len

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Len,

Sorry for late response, now I've already received feedback about MK20DX256VLH7 and its reference manual, unfortunately, Kinetis 72MHz part with 64LQFP package (MK20DX256VLH7) only has one SPI module instead of two, this issue is also reported to documentation team and reference manual would be modified.

Are you looking for a chip with 2 SPI modules? if so, please let me know it and i will help you to look for best MCU that fits your needs,

Regards,

Isaac Avila

0 Kudos
lenshustek
Contributor II

Isaac,

Thank you for resolving this, although it is disappointing that this MCU has only has one SPI module when all the documentation says it has two. But so it goes; you have so many different MCU configurations that I can see it is hard to document everything correctly.

In the meantime I have implemented what I need using a shift register external to the chip, so at this point I won't look to switch to a different chip with two SPI modules.

-- Len

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Len,

it was a pleasure helping you on solving this.

Actually, Most of documentation serves as base for majority of families, that's why sometimes it gets mixed even though no all information is the same for all MCUs.

I am glad you could solve your main issue (about two SPI modules). If you need any further help do not hesitate on contact us.

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Len,

We are still waiting for response about this issue, I will inform you about it as soon I get a response.

Regards,

Isaac Avila

0 Kudos