KW2x - SMAC - CodeWarrior/KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW2x - SMAC - CodeWarrior/KDS

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

Can anyone point me towards example code uses the SMAC features of KW2x in CodeWarrior or KDS?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

salah
Contributor III

Hi Joe,

I think I can help you with this. KDS is free but not supported yet. Here I have explained how I was able to run Beekit project to kds.

How to Convert a CW project to KDS. [Solution]

If you need further help please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Salah

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Joe,

Currently, we only support IAR as official IDE currently. There might be some future implementations for KDS, which is free, but it is still under development and will take some months to be done. No date has been announced. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I found out that the support is supposed to be coming, but sounds like it'll only be in the form of binary libraries, not source code. I need to to get SMAC support implemented now. Is there any guidance anyone can provide on which registers to configure for this support? That information would give me a huge head-start on this task.

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joe,

Once done, SMAC projects in KDS will also be available in source code as usual. However, this is still under development and will take some time to be completed.

If the compiler price is what is preventing you to use IAR, you could use the kickstart edition of it. It might limit the code size indeed, but it will be enough for SMAC development.  The binary files created from IAR could also be flashed using KDS if desired though.  A simple drag and drop to the MSD device of TWR-KW2x boards would also do the trick.

Regards,

Angel

0 Kudos